[Breakingthesilence] about kevin's proposals an dabout the questionnaire

kevin at eyfa.org kevin at eyfa.org
Sam 3 Avr 21:24:59 CEST 2004

hello again,

ok, this is my proposal for changing the question:

9)
a) what do you think/feel about people/groups/classes taking the time
to meet specifically amongst themselves as a tool to fight against
domination or oppression by others. (for example, as “women only”
discussions/working/support groups/spaces but also in the context of
immigrants/”ethnic” minorities in racist society/working class
people in a capitalist society/disabled people/
gays and lesbians etc.) ?

b) what do you think about men taking the time to meet amongst
themselves as a way of stimulating reflection and action about the way
that men can (consciously or unconsciously) dominate or oppress women and
try to develop constructive strategies in working against oppressive
masculine behaviours and the restrictive nature of socially imposed gender
constructions?

about the othe other part of nico's proposal....

I will whack out the "how can i be sexist when i am an anarchist" text
onto the process list...... which i think is a good start, but what i
think we really need is something that also specifically addresses the
issue of "women only" spaces. I will have a look for somethign and ask
around... but if anyone else has any ideas........

besos y'all
kev