[Breakingthesilence] Fwd: Odgovori: [Network] PGA gender group questionnaire

Kev Smith kevin.smith at gmx.net
Dim 18 Avr 15:26:48 CEST 2004

From: <15064204 at users.siol.net>
To: network at eyfa.org
Subject: Odgovori: [Network] PGA gender group questionnaire

>  Questionnaire :
>
>  1?) are you male, female or other ?
>  both, male and other
>  2?) what is your age ?
>  27
>  3?) where are you located ?
>  in Ljubljana,Slovenia
>  4?) what groups are you affiliated with ?
>  non really
>  5?) have you or do you experience differences in personal power between
men
> and women in your working groups, communities, job
> or family (for example; in discussions, writing, taking decisions,
handling
> infrastructure, direct actions, daily tasks, taking care of people... ?
who
> does what and how ?
>  Tough question.Im sure,differencies in power between women and man are
knitted in every pore of our society.To me many of them are hard to
detect,even
if they are obvious and agressive.Tasks,most often reserved ti women,have
lower value,eventhugh they are no less demanding.Domestic and childcare are
reseved to women.Women,specialy girls,are comonly considert less capable of
sistematic thinking and are expected to be less ambitious.Men and boys are
discouraged to show feelings and tendernes.  It is common to both men and
women to
take men wishes more siriously.Women are expected to behave like men if
there
wish is to take places in society,previusly reserved to men.Sexual relations
are adapted to way of thinking,worked out by men.   And a lot more.
>  6?) is the anti-patriarchal struggle explicitly addressed in your working
> groups, communities, job or family ? If so how?
> Im often thinking about gender issues. So I believe this is present both
in my sculpting and in my relations with women and men.

>  7?) has your group/community experienced incidences of sexual harassment,
> assault or gender domination through physical behaviour and rhetoric? If
so
> how did you deal with it personally and how did your group deal with it?
>  Personaly i express my disagreement when I encounter act or
opinion,hostile to female gender.