[Breakingthesilence]Women’s and lesbians’ invitation to no-border in rivesaltes

foret fleur marchenonmixte at hotmail.com
Mar 13 Juil 00:16:19 CEST 2004

Women’s and lesbians’ invitation to participate to a non-mix,  autonomous
village in the No Border camp in Rivesaltes.

This summer, from August 20th until august 29th, a no border camp will take
place to protest against the politics of control and persecution of
immigrated populations, and against fortress Europe and for the freedom of
movement and settlement. Women and lesbians, coming from various gender mix
organizations and non-mix groups are organizing a gender non-mix village. A
small group has conceived this project, but we need everyone’s help to
fulfill it.

Why this non-mix autonomous village within the framework of No Border ? :
· To consolidate our networks, to meet and exchange our point of views as
feminists and lesbians, articulate our analysis of neo-liberalism, of
fortress Europe’s imperialism with those concerning patriarchy and the
constraints to heterosexuality.
· To exchange our experiences, to learn from our struggles and transmit our
modes of action.
· To create a collective dynamic during the camp through the mutualization
of our techniques of struggles and of our analysis as women and lesbians,
thus increasing our resources.

We’ve started to think about brain storming workshops and practice workshops
within our non-mix space.  You can contribute by bringing you ideas,
analysis, experiences, material and we can spontaneously set up workshops
during the camp.
· A meeting space between groups and individuals: modes of organization,
political analysis, modes of struggle.
· violence against women and lesbians workshop and strategies of resistance
· Theater of the oppressed workshop, theater of the invisible
· Video projection: non mix spaces and groups of resistance
· Prostitution as exploitation of migrant and lesbien migrants workshop

We have started to think about the practical organization, but we need to
coordinate with other women and lesbians to build and make this autonomous
non- mix space work.
· Concretely, the non mix village is launched through a collective kitchen,
tents that we can all bring and a collective space.
· Bring your cooking material  and anything that can contribute to
organizational purposes
· You can get informed through email  about what you can bring and the group
will review all of the  material collected and the material yet to be
gathered.
· We will set a date for anyone interested in coming in advance to help
prepare the camp
· Let us know when you are available and your request for car pooling
through email.

Let’s keep in touch through email:  marchenonmixte at hotmail.com

We wrote a text to describe the meaning of this autonomous space which will
be attached in the No Border charter.

Meaning of a non-mix village

Borders are established by States, which detain the monopole of the
legitimate use of violence, and which organize the control, the domination
and the exploitation of individuals.

Unlike those borders which are established in a authoritarian manner, the
T.A.Z. aims to temporarily put to life social utopias which try to escape
from the violence of heteropatriarkkkapitalist power relations.

Create, participate and exchange rather than consume.
Paying attention to the diversity of voices, experiment rather than obey.

Creating autonomous spaces means giving us the means of escaping the daily
oppressions which tire us, setting forth our strengths in a collective
analysis, and searching for new modes of struggle.

Bloquez les fenêtres pop-up, c'est gratuit ! http://toolbar.msn.fr