[Breakingthesilence] a bit worried

Kev Smith kevin.smith at gmx.net
Lun 19 Juil 22:04:13 CEST 2004

hello
its now monday evening and i havent really received much else to go int the
reader apart from the stuff i have already laid out which is:

1) fins the politics of gender
2) going to places that scare me
3) homophobia: a weapon of sexism
4) Taking The First Step: Suggestions To People Called Out For Abusive
Behavior
5) Body Language Speaks Volumes
6) Principles and Practice of Anti-Oppression
7) an intro to queer theory

there is the short piece on womens coops in serbia... but it is a bit out of
context without any of the other things that were going to be translated.

I am happy enough to wrap it up as it is, but to be honest it looks a bit
thin. After tomorrow i wont be able to work on this, so if people are going
to send anythign they should send it now.

To be honest, I have slight doubts about this reader as it seems to me a
little thrown together and random and it doesnt seem to be very cohesive. I
would really liked to have backed it up with context of the difficulties and
disagreements over gender in the run up to this conference, as well as
something on the work on gender at the pgs asia conference... but i havent
received anything.

Please, please please send me stuff if there is anything more that i can put
in.

I have a copy of the crossover conference but only a pdf.. I cant get hold
of any doc versions.

cheers now
kev