[Breakingthesilence] readmereadmereadmereadmereadmereadmereadmepepola:))

kevin at eyfa.org kevin at eyfa.org
Lun 29 Mar 13:34:23 CEST 2004

dear pga gender working group posse,

my name is kev, i live and work in escanda (www.escanda.org - but there
will be a much funkier version of the website up in the next few days)
and one of the projects that i am currently involved in is a spanish
magazine called el pimiento verde (www.moviments.net/pimientoverde) which
is sort of a spanish version of the greenpepper magazine
(www.greenpeppermagazine.org).

each issue has a different theme, and the next PV is on gender, and i am
in the process of collecting/editing/translating texts on the subject.

If people are interested or think it is worthwhile, and if they are not
scared of their inboxes being too full-up, i can send some of the texts
that i am using or inspired by to this list for people to have a look at.

Also, I would like to tentatively (ie not 100% but i quite like the sound
of the idea and I am a bit worried about my workload but its the sort of
project that I would enjoy doing and I need to think a bit more before i
really sign my name on the dotted line) commit to being able to put
together some sort of gender publiction for the PGA meeting in belgrade. I
can do simple (nothing too ultra-hip) layout, and i have collected a load
of images and i can probably recycle somethigns from the pimiento
verde....
I don't have access to money to print such a publication...... We would
have to come up with some other ideas for that, and the pimeinto verde,
unfortunately, is very very low on money.

also, maybe it would make more sense to print it in belgrade, as i am not
sure how i would be able to get them there.... there are definiteyl people
going from escanda, but i am not sure how many publications there would be
or how bulky they would be to carry.

does nayone have any good contacxts with any org.s like mamacash in
amsterdam that have solidairty funds for projects/travel etc related to
gender?

ok, this is all just ideas - this is what i have to contribute, and i
welcome more suggestions and whatever on top of this, and i hope to
collaborate with some or all of the people on this list towards the goal
of putting some sort of publication together.

just to give people an idea, I am attaching on to this email the update so
far of the pimiento verde with a list of articles (the file has a spanish
title but the content is in english) to give people an idea of the sort of
angles that i am coming from.

cheers now
kev

(ps please if you have more ideas suggestions for the pimiento verde,
especially things/people/projects in spanish, then let me know too)