[Breakingthesilence] Get over yourself fabian!

Kev Smith kevin.smith at gmx.net
Mer 6 Oct 19:46:12 CEST 2004

Dear Fabian
Please stop making mountains out of molehills and getting your knickers in a
twist and turning everything into a big crusade of oppression against you.

There was a very undefined process as to how to go about making the reader
and it was all quite last minute, and there wasnt the opportunity to have a
face to face meeting and collectively work out what was to go in. So I ended
up having to make some editorial decisions on my own. My rough rule of the
thumb to deal with this less than desirable situation was that if someone on
the list raised objections to a text that was submitted, then i wouldnt put
it in the reader.

This happened with two texts, the one you submitted, and the other one of
which being one that you had raised objections to, and that I ended up not
putting in the reader either.

I think if you are going to seriously tackle the issue of racism in the PGA
(which i think is a very valid problem to tackle) then you should be a bit
less McCarthyist about it before you start slinging around random
accusations of racsim and censorship.

cheers now
kev