[Pga_europe_process] RE: proposed topics for the factory and workingconditions day

Tapio Laakso tapio.laakso at iki.fi
Thu Jun 17 09:09:54 CEST 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Dimitris Pavlopoulos wrote:
> I fully agree with Ivana. Labour and immigration issue is crucial for
> the PGA conference. We should invite people from various countries
> (Belgium, Italy etc) involved in these issues to contribute. As for a
> worker from Greece, we will arrange it. There are various activities
> against the Olympics related with construction workers.

We should also stress the issue of precarious work. Parttime work,
flexible work, project work, "illegal" work is the reality for more and
more of us. Uncertainty is becoming the norm. This idea of precariat could
be way of connecting people in many situations and communicate struggles.

Notice that I don't speak against flexibility and demand permanent jobs.
What I'm interested is idea of guaranteed income.

- How can precarious workers organize?
- What answers there are to precariousness?
- How work has changed?
- How we can get rid of work?

Two interesting links, maybe you know them:
http://www.sindominio.net/karakola/precarias.htm
http://www.chainworkers.org/

Tapio