[Pga_europe_process] we must lynch javier, he is a violent racist and a traitor that works on the ESF

javier javier at spc.org
Tue Jun 22 16:27:36 CEST 2004

Dear WE Zapatistas

I can only assume you were writing about me. I am sorry about the delay
in my reply, I was in the ESF preparation meeting in Berlin, very hard
work.

Lets clarify a few things. I didn´t write the lines below. I quote
replied to another message.

It is true that we had a discussion on the word ghetto in Belgrade,
where people explained the different arguments for and against its use
in this context. That's why in my letter to Nina I actually wrote
"breaking self-imposed ghettos" a formulation I find appropriate, and
you can call me whatever.

I am getting used to people using identity politics as a way to end
discussions. It happens all the time in the UK social forum, where the
diverse SWP front groups morally blackmail us on these lines: "If you
are against my politics you are against all the million
refugees/women/migrants, etc..." corollary: you are a racist/sexist,
etc. We were even accused of being against Nelson Mandela for demanding
a proper democratic process for choosing guest star speakers!!

What I find quite sad is to see the same thing happening in the PGA
process.

This takes me to the next point: my forthcoming holiday in Belgrade. I
was hoping the ESF would put me a proper bureaucrat dacha by the Black
Sea, but things are not as good as in the old days... so I will have to
settle by sharing a dusty field with lots of lousy dreadlocked
anarchohippies. I just hope there are no cameras! Rather dead than seen
having gone so low in life.

I admit this is my motivation, but not what I told my Essex Zapatista
friends, they could only be guessing. What I told them was that I was
spending a lot of energy working behind the lines in enemy field, ie the
ESF process, to carve out space for the type of non-authoritarian
politics we share around PGA of decentralisation, autonomy, diversity,
etc. And that I really didn't have the energy to engage with their
arguments, or more precisely with their style of arguing.

What could have been understood as a holiday is that I said that for me
the ESF was the place to fight with all the SWP, etc, and the PGA the
place were we could have a different dynamic, less emotionally draining.
You can read this as the difference between politics and holiday, or as
someone who hopes one day politics will be modelled on something other
than war and conflict, and we could be that beginning.

ciao, javier