[Pga_europe_process] a question from people travelling from ex-USSR

Evgueni Oregon zilonis at mail.ru
Wed Jun 30 19:57:02 CEST 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: marco <marco at eurodusnie.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 17:49:37 +0200
Subject: [Pga_europe_process] some things

> another question is who is taking responsibility about the travel funds
> (for (mainly) east europeans).

Hello everyone!

In this letter I'd like to ask about travel funds for people coming to the conference from ex-USSR. Right now I'm in touch with about 10 people (mostly from Russia, also from Ukraine and Belarus), and most of them would like to have some money for travel and visas returned to them somehow.

Right now this question is crucial for at least 2 persons (1 from Moscow and 1 from Western Ukraine, both participate in the Russian language indymedia collective) - they want to come to Belgrade, but they can't afford it without someone's financial help.

Just for your notice:
Romanian transit visa for citizens of Russia and Belarus costs about 30 euros.
Hungarian one is even more expensive (although it's free for people from Ukraine).

And also, people not living in capital cities have to travel there and back again to make
visas, e.g. I have to go to Moscow and my ukrainian friend has to go to Kiev, which also requires some money.

So, please, can someone answer as soon as possible, if there will be some financial assistance for people coming from ex-USSR?

Best wisnes
Zhenya
(Petersburg, Russia; russian indymedia collective, Rainbow Keepers)