[Pga_europe_process] workshop announcement + more

Milos Milosavljevic tnosugar at net.yu
Thu Jul 1 08:11:06 CEST 2004

a preliminary overview of the topics and workhsops so far will be
available by July 7-8 at the latest.. probably earlier. Serge is coming on
July 3rd and we plan to organise the applications that have been submitted
so far into a program matrix with his help. We can make regular
web-updates with short abstracts of the workshops on a daily or two-day
basis.

Milos

> i'm a bit confused about the framework for the programm. is it right
> that it shall be organised in different thematic days as ivana
> mentioned it a few days ago? and if yes: when will be which thematic
> area?
>
> and would it be possible to give an overview about the workshops that
> are announced up to now? we are really interested what is planned...
>
> whatever: with the following idea from for a workshop concerning the
> connection between at least three main topics, we won't really fit in
> the concept of devided days...
>
> and some short sentences to avoid this discussion from the beginning:
> about the term of "activist ghetto" i think that it's really useful for
> this discussion. about accusation of being somehow a racist term i think
> it's in that case not worth the discussion. our impression is that there
> are always people who live in front of their pc, spending their time
> with blocking the work of others. when there is such a lack of respect
> for other points of view in arguements, i think sometimes you have to
> ignore it...
>
> ...greetings, marion
>
>  -----------------------------------------------
>
>  *breaking the activist ghetto*
>
> already in the 2nd european pga-conference in leiden the question
> ("how to break the activists ghetto?") was a crucial topic. we hope and
> we want to contribute, that this debate will continue in the
> coming conference in belgrade on different levels.   on one hand we are
> interested, for example, to participate in a follow-up-workshop, which
> should raise the approaches of social or autonomous centers and its
> relationships to the quarters or broader social realities in their
> cities. on the other hand we want to propose and we would like to
> prepare (together with other interested groups) another
> two-parts-workshop under the headline of breaking the ghetto and with
> the subtitle of "migration, labourstruggles and (re)appropriation".
>
> The workshop will be devided in two different parts. We would like to do
> it on two following days, for example the more general part on
> sunday, eastern-europe-part on monday. -each part should last for 2
> blocks (if one 1 block lasts 1,5h)
>
> in the first part we want to start with more general informations,
> estimations and debates, including the question of the role of
> pga-network and its visibilty in such practices and projects. in the
> second part we want to refer to the specific situations in eastern
> european countries with the main interest of creating more projects of
> (transnational) east-west-cooperation.
>
> *breaking the acitivist ghetto
> -
> migration/mobility - labourstruggles - (re)appropriation*
>
> first part: *migration/mobility - labourstruggles - (re)appropriation*
> three topics, which interconnect - from our point of view - some of the
> most crucial questions concerning social conflicts and
> [...]

Every moment dies a man/Every moment 1 1/16 is born.
(A correction to Tennyson's "Ev'ry moment a man dies/Ev'ry moment one is
born".)
Charles Babbage