[Pga_europe_process] Notes from the diaspora

diañu burlon dianhuburlon at gmx.net
Fri Jul 2 08:31:08 CEST 2004

Hi,
just for not having any doubts about "power" question. From the beginning
all emails you have sent  insulting the process of PGA Asia were inmediatly
sent to the Asian list, including my answers and Friday answers. We also
commented in the Dhakka office. Further we received your last email during
conference, and I personally lost my time making a document with all email
exchange, including my answers and Friday first answer, made a few
copies   and it was circulated among the organizations. In Asian process,
we seriously are making a try of having a real horizontal process, and all
documents and information regarding the process we try to distribute, even
if they are not very useful. We try to built a very transparent process in
all sense. We can make mistakes, since we are humans. But we are really
trying to built a strong movement, including the difficult task of
introducing gender.
We trie to consolidate the region, and further to create and consolidate
the global process (soon we will send an email to European process
regarding this matter). Friday answer was very important to show that your
authoritarian, irrespecful and insulting first email was not a consensus
among European organizations, but more an isolated case.
My big mistake was to answer you in a first place. More to answer in an
inmediatly reaction, quite angry after reading such...Whatever, being
silents since the beginning would save me a lot of time.

  As I said it was even some comments regarding the necesity of answering
such insulting emails, but at the end we were too busy in other questions
with more importance.

This is regarding "my power controlling the PGA Asian process". As always
you are using demagogical arguments, which can provocate doubt and
desligitimize, not only me, but more dangerous the way we are trying to
rebuilt and strenghenig a political process in Asia.

I just want to clarify this point to the European list.

When someone wants information or starting a respecful discussion regarding
an issue it doesn´t start by insulting or desligitimazing as you did with
our process, but just questioning and giving a respecful opinion on ones
views and a constructive critisch or expressing doubts, worries and
concers. There is an idiomatic expression in my region, which says: "one
harvests which one sows". Speak to people with respect and people will
answer you with respect. Do you know what that world means?

Saludillos
trasgu