[Pga_europe_process] Re: Respect?

"diañu Burlon" dianhuburlon at gmx.net
Mon Jul 5 14:22:56 CEST 2004

Guau, now you are just on the need to lie. Is this the email that Friday and
me answering? Are you sure? Jua, jua...Sorry, your first email went to all
lists.
Try again
trasgu
pd. By the way, i am not the one moderating the PGA asian list.

> Please explain in what ways these e-mails were insulting the PGA Asia
> process?
>
> WEZ
>
> greetings from west essex/ east atlantic
> asim butt 25.04.2004 17:52
>
> hi, i'm writing from London Action Resource Centre.
> i'm involved in organising the pga conference in July in Belgrade and
> i would like to come over to Dhaka so as to network the conferences.
> i find it odd though that there are only 2 webpages for the conference
> and presume the others must be in banglashi fonts or something.
> unfortunately
> i donot read or speak bangladeshi so would request that isf u have any
> more info in english, please let me know.
>
> we are also discussing proposals for on the topic 'gender' for the so-
> called 'european' conference. please see the site at
> http://pgaconference.org
> and feedback to myself or the Pga_europe_process mailing list. this would
> be much apprecited.
>
> thanx and best of luck, i look forward to hearing from you,
>
> xasim
>  paki.tv at cyber-rights.net
>

> Date:   Tue, 18 May 2004 01:26:34 -0700
>

> - ----- Forwarded message from paki.tv at cyber-rights.net -----
> We tried to contact you several weeks ago, and have oblz just had this
> address forwarded by Oliver.
>
> "These two days people will work from their personal experience, their
> lives. Gender is inside the skin. Before you are an indigenous, a migrant,
>
>  a Hindu.you are a woman or a man. From the first moment of the birth,
>
>  a person is teach to move, to act, to dream in a concrete way depending
> on the values his/her society has chosen for her/him depending on the
> sex.
> Delegates will analyses from their personal lives, the oppression and
> power structures in the patriarchal system.  Expertise trainers with
> experience in working with rural realities will facilitate these two
> days.
> Masculinity will be introduced in only men workshops. It will be raised
> the discussion on what is and why is necessary gender perspective in
> the organizations, and how to implement it."
>
> This is raising a number of concerns:
>
> The statements appears as if it is part of a PGA statement. In fact it
> presents a very controversial view of gender. What is being done to ensure
> that people understand that this is not a PGA view?
>
> Why is this gender debate being run by "experts"? Who are they? Who
> considers
> them experts? Do they endorse the view on gender expressed above? How
> will other views be dealt with and/or encouraged? Why is this part of
> the conference being run by "experts"? Why are women being banned from
> some meetings? Was this a decision promoted by the experts?
>
> We are concerned that the PGA process maybe seriously compromised if
> these issues are not dealt with.

> [...]

+++ Jetzt WLAN-Router für alle DSL-Einsteiger und Wechsler +++
GMX DSL-Powertarife zudem 3 Monate gratis* http://www.gmx.net/dsl