[Pga_europe_process] Ongoing scandal !!!

javier javier at spc.org
Fri Jul 16 22:03:40 CEST 2004

Problems in Belgrade.

It is almost impossible to know what is really going on, and we will not
find out via email. Every time that I've tried to understand what was
going on in Belgrade there have been quite complex issues and crap
communication with the outer world, and among themselves anyway. Only
respect, patience and face to face meetings can shed any light.

What is definitely not helpful is to try to exploit the problems in
Belgrade for our own agendas.

There are some people in the PGA network, I am not going to give any
names, that are trying to gain victimhood sympathy by putting their
position next to the "Resnik young idealists".

Well, "weak and vulnerable" would not be the words I´d use to describe
British male middle class avant-garde artists who delude themselves, and
everyone who does not know them, into believing they are disabled black
lesbians.

This kind of artists often practice the slash and burn of jumping into
political processes provoking everyone but with a mix of sound analysis
and good proposals.

Ultimately they do not care what happens to the process in question, if
it is destroyed, they move to their next target. To have any historical
perspective understanding what discussions people may have had in the
past, or where some problems may come from is beyond their scope of
shock and awe.

One of their main weapons is a skill for twisting people's voices,
effectively re-presenting everyone in the name of a critique of
representation. For example, men only spaces become spaces where women
are excluded.

Particularly remarkable is their use of anonymity, again reversing a
positive concept into a tool for deceit. Nobody will know their names,
but neither those attacked will ever be named, thus creating a general
paranoia.

These people will use any opportunity to advance their artistic careers,
in the political equivalent of Tracey Emin making a tent with the names
of people she slept with. Of course, like all true avant-garde artists
they will be really angry if anyone puts them in that framework, or any
framework... Classifying people is exclusively reserved for them and we
just have to follow as they dictate what are the important issues for
everyone, and in which exact words we talk about them.

I must confess that we have had some problems in London with that kind
orf artists. I cannot give any names coz it would not be polite.

 Some people from London, including myself, at present are not going to
the PGA Eurocentric conference because they cannot bear sharing 3 days
of van with these weirdos. I will not complain about problems in
Belgrade when I am embarrasingly ashamed of the lack of local process we
have here. Neither will I expect anyone to solve our problems for us.

On Sunday evening we have a meeting where we may find an amenable
solution for everyone to go. We will test claims of collective consensus
versus individualism, and see if the PGA process in London is anything
beyond current poles of armchair and chequebook activisms.

ciao, Javier