[Pga_europe_process] Re: a suggestion for a reader text

Andrej Grubacic zapata at sezampro.yu
Sat Jul 17 00:18:57 CEST 2004

There has been a lot of private email exchanges about "things in Belgrade"
on this list. Despite of attempts to confront individualist excesses with
direct democracy, we still face same troubles and problems which are, as we
can see from this list, common place of discussion all the way from Longo
Mai to London, and it is certainly not an exotic privilege of people from
the Balkans.

There has been an official statement - well, few of them- coming from
Belgrade. As we are trying to build all necessary conditions and make this
conference happen,  in terms of logistics, we really don't have time for
endless email exercises.
Furthermore, as people doing the conference are also involved in workers
struggles, we don't have time to send and translate minutes from our
meetings. Today there was an occupation of a privatization center with 400
workers and activists related to pga stayed there almost until this moment
(from 7am). Not to mention that we are playing hide and seek with the local
sectarians who are sending mails that conference is being canceled,
unnoticeable people in raincoats reading newspapers behind every involved
activist, and ah-not so kind local authorities; and organizing an outreach
event tomorrow, and so on and so forth.

While, at the same time, except from the wonderful exception of Pola and
Serge, nobody from the "west" is here to offer any  help. So it is a kind of
a lot of work.

I am really sorry for we can not be more helpful.

-A.