[Pga_europe_process] draft list of proposed workshops

m.reinsborough at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK m.reinsborough at Queens-Belfast.AC.UK
Thu Jul 22 04:30:14 CEST 2004

  To: Pga_europe_process at squat.net
Cc: pga2004program at eurodusinie.nl

Below is a workshop proposal and a greeting.

Happy Hello I'll be arriving friday morning. Thanks to all of you who have
been doing such a lot of hard work to get this off the ground in Belgrade
and elsewhere. I am enjoying reading the emails of people arriving to help
and participate :)

Solidarity & Oxygen
-Michael
 Green action (Gluaiseacht affiliate),
 Belfast, Northern Ireland

discussion/workshop:
Technology, Politics and Democracy
  This workshop will include some brief presentation on new technologies,
their social impact, and what government or other regulatory processes
exist for new technologies. There will be open space for discussion. Groups
and individuals who are working on issues of technology politics can share
their experiences and strategies. Discussion topics to include: Public
opinions/fears/anxieties around new technologies, particularly GMOs, and
what strategies biotech corporations might use to allay these fears. Some
remarks upon the negotiation of technological zones and international
standards in the European Union and what this means for the rest of us. How
and when are women disproportianately effected by technology. What is
nanotechnology and what nanoparticles have already been approved for
release into the environment?

I'll be pleased to collaborate with others in organising these discussions.