[Pga_europe_process] PGA in Serbia

blicero blicero at ecn.org
Wed Aug 4 10:51:27 CEST 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 01:49:01AM +0200, Andrej Grubacic wrote:
>  Situation is not naive. Almost all  front-pages of Serbian dailies are full
> of pictures of rioters (from Genoa and other places) saying that "Peoples
> Global Action is training the workers, giving them tips how to block roads
> and deal with police....". PGA is, according to right wing press, "behind
> all demonstrations in Serbia".

well, it is not necessarily bad :)))
if it is true :)

> We are in a very uncomfortable position. On one hand, it is almost funny,
> because I don't think that PGA was so much promoted in right wing press
> since Geneva ( almost every daily has a report about "antiglobalists
> blocking whole Serbia"- one title among so many) and on the other it is
> ominous because it is, of course, an action of  big business lobby with
> intention to distract the attention from the real causes of the protests,
> discovering an "organizer from abroad" ( old technique state was
> entertaining in 70's when "communist busses" were coming to Germany to
> "train workers in strike"); this could be an introduction to more serious
> state repression. There is already some attempts in this regard.
>
> In any case, PGA made headlines here. Big time. Visibility, heh?
>
> But, more seriously, this could turn out to be a very dangerous game.

i understand
but it could be palyed out the other way around
couldn't it

ps: sorry i could not make it but people reports are very enthusiastic about pga
conf so i guess it was a very good moment :)))

--
ciao
blicero

 --- ho reagito male --- bill (killed in 2 volumes)