[Pga_europe_process] 3 in jail for columbus toppling, more might go too...

el renegado renegado at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 02:47:29 CEST 2004

Dear friends

nice to see so many people over the ESF days in London- if only briefly..

we are still in the process here of recovering from and evaluating the
experience and there's quite a bit of tidying up to do in the aftermath
but thank you all for coming and contributing to a lively few days

Below is a message forwarded from Marcelo, who initially proposed the day of
action, for last Tuesday 12th of October, in solidarity with pachamerican
struggles. This day of action was supported by the groups at the PGA in
Europe spokescouncil in Belgrade.
In London sambistas supported demonstrations at the Mexican and American
embassies. I have heard there were also actions in Holland and other parts
of Europe the same day. However in Venezuela the movement was more daring in
expressing their resistance by pulling down a statue of Christopher Colombus
and as a result has suffered a greater repression

Below is a message forwarded from Marcelo, who initially proposed the PGA
statement endorsing the mobilisation for the 12th, asking for our urgent
help in the face of this repression

It is important to show the Venezuelan government that our support extends
to the whole Bolivarian movement, not just the leaders and public figures.
The time has come to put Chávez' message of "revolution within the
revolution" to the test. Thursday (21) day of action in support of O12
prisoners. Please put pressure on the Venezuelan representatives in your
countries or neighbouring countries

in love and solidarity

greg xxx

To: RoR <info at rhythmsofresistance.co.uk>
Subject: [ror-blah] Fwd: [europachamerica] 3 in jail for columbus toppling,
more might go too...

The Following messages is from Marcelo in Venezuela...