[Pga_europe_process] pga europe winter meeting

shine ror at aseed.antenna.nl
Wed Oct 27 00:52:39 CEST 2004

looks like end of January will be the best and most possible/likely time for
a meeting. fine, if more people think they can make it then.

but...this doesn't mean we have to put our work and efforts on hold until
then for coming up with ideas for the preparations and fundraising. better
use this momentum of re-activated communication on the lists to encourage
each other in the efforts we need to make for the coming year. decisions
from the conference in Belgrade promises an extensive reader/report, the
skill sharing seminar, the 'how to deal with non-PGA groups' publication,
the 'estafette' actions, the newsletter/digest...if we get this rolling
while continuing the process of finding a new convenorship situation and
developing the communication and preparation for Nepal with the Asian
networks, we will be preparing ourselves for a fruitful winter meeting!

and personally...I think it'd be logical to move the global conference to
end August/beginning September, now when WTO is also delayed. this will give
us here in Europe the opportunity to work hard and focused on the G8
mobilisations, before jumping on the Climatico caravan to Nepal (which would
have to leave about a month before the conference).

*/shine

skrati at yahoo.com 's virtualised vision 25/10/04 18:55: