[Pga_europe_process] conference report & nepal preparation

sergio oceransky sergio.o at gmx.net
Wed Oct 27 21:58:53 CEST 2004

hi there!

El 25/10/2004, a las 19:17, ni co lu escribió:

> pga structures part of the spoke's council - i'm going to mix the
> proposal that was
> made with the decision to have one clear documents ( as the decisions
> are
> not understandable without the proposal and it's not really nice easy
> too to
> read the two documents separately). I wonder if other people who
> worked in
> the other process group  could do that
> for the other chapters of the spoke's council (global process, actions,
> gender, relations to other organisations...I have the paper version of
> the
> other proposals but wouldn't really like to retype it all.

if noone else is up for it, i can do the part on the nepal conference.
during the ESF i met the people who put the proposals together for the
spokes council and they told me that the file is only in the computers
where they typed it in belgrade, and i don't have a clue where these
computers are right now and whether the files will still be there (i
understood that the computers would remain in the school, and in this
case the files are surely deleted). if someone from belgrade could
check up on this, it would be great. we really need the report on the
global conference, since it should have been sent to asia and the other
regions long ago.

two more points:

El 23/10/2004, a las 21:32, wob marley escribió:

> the meeting in austria (in the town of Linz btw)is also about the
> global conference in nepal 2005. maybe it also should be added.

we will of course need to talk about the nepal conference in the winter
meeting (especially, if the Asian movements propose a concrete new date
by the time we meet). however, as decided in belgrade during the spokes
council, we will need a longer meeting of all movements that want to go
to Nepal in order to prepare well for it. we decided that this meeting
should be attended by all groups that want to send people to nepal, in
order to be able to decide, among other things, on questions such as
how to balance the participation from different parts of the world. in
belgrade, it was proposed to the spokes council and agreed that this
meeting would take place in easter (which this year is at the end of
march). if the date of the conference is delayed till late summer, we
could also delay this preparatory meeting till early summer. i guess
this is a question to consider in relation to the question of dates for
nepal, and i also guess that the best is to talk about all this in the
winter meeting (hopefully the Asian movements will have made a concrete
proposal by then), and not in email lists (which are not very useful
for this kind of issues). i also understand that, as long as no other
decision is made at the winter meeting (since i frankly don't see any
other way to make this decision in a legitimate way), the initial
proposal to hold the nepal preparatory meeting in easter (end of march)
is still valid. in my opinion, this is one more reason to try to have
the winter meeting as soon as possible. i personally think that the
best would be to have it either around new year's eve or just before
the actions against the World Economic Forum in Davos.

the other point is this email send a while ago to the caravan list,
which i think that didnt make it to the process list (but my email
account is behaving in very weird ways, so i'm not sure at all --
apologies if this was already in this list)

Inicio mensaje reenviado:

cheers, sergio

Sergio Oceransky
Ronzón, 33637 Lena