[Pga_europe_process] dates of Global Conference in Nepal

"diañu Burlon" dianhuburlon at gmx.net
Mon Nov 15 16:56:13 CET 2004

Hi,
there is going to be a PGA Indian meeting in December. Nepal has a meeting
on November I think.

ANPA from Nepal is the Asian Convenor
BKU from India is the South Asian Convenor
Asambly of the Poor from Thailand are the South East Asian Convenor.

Whatever, different meeting among the region are taking place using
different ocassions as the next meeting in Valencia on Land reform. Things
are also discussed in the Asian list.

Saludillos
trasgu

P.S.Indian organisations are not so arrogant to take the final decision
about the dates of the "Global Conference"-Sorry to be very straight, as the
coment is completely unlogical and full of untrust. - Chukki Nanjundaswamy

> no, it should be organisations from the region that are meeting. I was
> maybe not explicit enough. but Trasgu should be the one to update on this,
> I don't know for sure when this meeting will take place, and with whom.
>
> and no, it is not only groups in India, it is all of us! which is why this
> question is presented here on the european list...
>
> */shine
>

> emmazw at xs4all.nl 's virtualised vision 12/11/04 22:25:
>
> > hi,
> > are there only people/organisations from India deciding about the
> > conference in Nepal?
> > Seems very strange to me......
> >
> > Carla
> >
> > At 20:56 12-11-04, you wrote:
> >> deciding on dates seems to be a popular topic for discussion on this
> list,
> >> (not claiming we are very successful...) here goes the next one:
> >>
> >> in a recent meeting with Chukki from KRRS about the preparation for an
> >> progress of the caravan plans, we inevitably came to talk about the
> dates
> >> for the global conference as the time planning for the caravan is
> dependent
> >> on this.
> >>
> >> it became clear that new dates for the conference are not set yet, only
> that
> >> it will be delayed in accordance with the WTO conference, which is
> being
> >> postponed until December 13-18, 2005. in other words, the global PGA
> >> conference should happen somewhere around beginning/mid September.
> >>
> >> Chukki asked us to discuss a bit between groups in Europe what would be
> the
> >> best dates for the European participants, taking into account the G8
> >> protests and events and the time we need for travelling with the
> caravan.
> >>
> >> for the caravan we are counting with a minimum of one month to get
> there.
> >> with the above time plan, we'd have to departure beginning off/mid
> August.
> >>
> >> the question is how much time we need to wrap up, recover from and do
> >> support work after G8, which will be July 6-8. when do people think
> they
> >> would be ready to step into a project such as the caravan?!
> >>
> >> I seem to remember that the organisations in India are having a meeting
> >> sometimes the coming month where they will have to take a decision on
> this.
> >> if we could put in some feedback on the dates before that, it'd be
> great!
> >>
> >> */shine

GMX DSL-Netzanschluss + Tarif zum supergünstigen Komplett-Preis!